Coronavirus – Cleaning and Sanitising your workplace
The health and cleanliness of your workplace is always important, but it has never been as much as it is now during the current climate.
The Coronavirus outbreak has suddenly made business owners, office managers, facilities managers in fact everyone who is responsible for looking after staff, public and the spaces they are using, more aware of cleanliness and hygiene of carpets, flooring, rugs and hard surfaces.
These spaces could be anything from surgeries, washrooms, waiting areas, the main office areas used by staff or reception areas where public have access to.
Your staff, customers and visitors need to be confident and reassured that your premises re being kept clean and sanitised and they will be working in or visiting a clean and healthy environment, anywhere that can be touched is a potential problem area.
Whether your workplace is currently in use or not we can help get them cleaned and sanitised.
As if the current climate wasn’t enough for us all to cope with, I’m afraid to tell you that there really is a huge amount of misinformation around this virus from a cleaning perspective.
So I’ve put together some information on what the actual facts are – please read them to avoid scams and give yourself and your workplace the best chance of staying safe. (Feel free to forward them to your friends and family too.)
- Coronavirus is a title for a large family of viruses ranging from the common cold to the more severe SARS. COVID-19 is the current strain of the virus which is in the news and affecting people.
- At the time of writing there are NO products which have been tested and approved for use on the COVID-19 strain of the virus, or at least anything which has legal backing.
- No company should be guaranteeing to eradicate the virus from your home or business premises. If anyone is giving you this promise, ask for proof it has been tested on COVID-19.
- There are products that have been tested and proven to work on other strains of the Coronavirus but not COVID-19, and regardless of what chemicals are proven on other strains, most testing is done in clinical environment and not tested in a ‘real world’ environment.
- Hard surfaces, carpets and soft furnishings can be cleaned using microbiocides, Quaternary ammonium chloride (Quats) or generated steam – or more simply they can be sanitized.
- Some companies may claim to use a ‘Fogging’ process in your property to eradicate COVID 19. Again, no guarantee can or should be given that this will eradicate the virus.
- Most importantly, none of the above will have any benefit without the hard surfaces, carpets or soft furnishings being worked on being cleaned first.
No respected cleaning or restoration company should engage in the ineffective practice of applying chemicals without proper cleaning first.
We or any other company DO NOT have a product that is tested and proven to work on the specific strain COVID-19, so no guarantees can or should be given.
However, we do have “virucide” products, which are effective on other strains of coronavirus – using these will go above any normal infection control methods used in your school premises, and this is certainly better than doing nothing.
Any workplace having to close is far from an ideal situation, and you’ll feel this even more acutely if it happens and time and the current situation gets worse.
But if you’re now in a position to get a deep clean done, please let me know. We’ll clean and apply a sanitiser just like the hospitals do.
And we don’t just clean carpets, but hard floors all soft furnishings and rugs too, we’ll also wipe down all door handles, door frames, handrails and switches. Most importantly, we also sanitise everything after every clean.
If you would like us to do a clean for you, then please give me a call on 0808 144 0190 or request a call back by clicking the image on the right
I think we’re all aware of some shops out there who are capitalising on these tough times by hiking their prices, we can assure you we haven’t hiked our prices, people remember and when we do come through this, we want to be remembered for the right reasons.
I’d also like to take this opportunity to reassure you that the Five Star team will be taking all necessary precautions, both with our team and our equipment.
Each one of our team is respecting social distancing by keeping at least a metre apart from other people. They’re also using antibacterial handwash throughout the day, as well as wearing gloves while working and visiting every property.
For more information which is updated reglarly, I recommend visiting the Government page, which is regularly updated at www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
If you come across something and you’re not sure whether it’s true or not, then please do get in touch and I’ll be happy to help.
So If you would like us to do a clean for you, then please give me a call on 0808 144 0190 or request a call back by clicking the image on the right
Stay safe, wash your hands and we will get through this together!