If you’re in the mood to do a little sprucing up around the home but don’t want to spend too much time or effort here’s 4 ways to freshen up any room and bring it ‘back to life’.
1) Add Scent
- Use scented candles, a room diffuser or fill a pretty bowl with pot pourri.
- Buy some softly scented flowers.
2) Add Warmth
- Light a fire if you have one
- Set your heating to the perfect temperature.
- Use tea-lights on a mantelpiece or table
- Place column candles in a corner or on a hall table.
3) Soften It
- Use different textures and curved furniture.
- Add cushions on a sofa
- Place a pretty bowl on the dining table.
- Buy a sofa throw.
- Place a soft textured rug.
- Use soft, low lighting to create instant atmosphere.
4) Keep it Seasonal
Change colours and textures with the season.
- Summer – choose paler shades and light materials – cotton waffle, muslin
- Winter – bring in the warmth with deep colours and some cosy textures like wool, cashmere and fake fur
- Decorate your home with seasonal flowers. Peonies in summer and snowberries at Christmas.